Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Just call me "Master"

Well Guess who's not teaching next year? I got the call today and I have been approved to do my Masters next year! Exciting Stuff!

I will receive partial salary for the year in return for guaranteeing 2 years of service. Not a bad deal since I'm probably a lifer. Regardless of the financial details I will be working out of the home, going to an online university. Although I won't gain the benefits of the campus life, I will get the benefit of being home with Logan for part of the day. Right now the plan is to send him to a day home for half the day and I will have him for the other half.

The school that I will be attending... online.... Actually how do you attend an online school? I guess I get to go to class in my PJ's every day!






Anyways, the school is Walden University. It's history is kind of interesting as Sylvan Learning has controlling interest in the University. There has to be some irony that I'm going to "Sylvan Learning"....

Here's to a higher degree of success.

3 comments:

That's sounds fantastic, what a great opportunity. Is this Dora or Marco?
JT

Marco is working for a higher degree of success. Dora will be working to maintain sanity!

YAAAAAAYYYY! Congrats, Marko! I'm no example of academic success (trust me on this) but after all the ups and deep low down chasms, I still support higher education in all its forms. Plus you'll have quality time with the little booger. Yay!