Monday, April 27, 2009

Dinner like the pros

So first off I must confess that I have a subscription to Hello Canada. For those of you who do not read the gossip magazines at the checkout, it is an intellectual version of those. I mean, it talks about Canadian events and royal families in addition to Bradgelina and Gwen Stefani. And it has recipes (and a crossword puzzle). Much classier than the average gossip rag. Anyway, in the recipe section, Mrs. Gordon Ramsey submitted this little gem.


It looked delicious in the picture and when I read through the ingredient list, I actually recognized most of them! Which is a big deal for me, so I thought why not. It took me 30 minutes to get everything together and then it takes 30 minutes to bake it. If you look closely, you'll see that mine looks pretty darn close to the "professional" version. I don't know what hers taste like, but mine was pretty dam good. Marko liked it and even Wonderboy ate it without much fuss - which is also a big deal because there was spinach in there. Mmmm, I can't wait to try this one again. Let me know if you want the recipe!

4 comments:

That looks totally amazing! What is it called and is it vegetarian?

It was called "Ham, Spinach and Gruyere Croissant Ring". Very original I know. I'm sure that you could find something to substitute for the ham.

Yum! I know fab will like the croissant part. Can I get the recipe? JT

Recipe, I want to be invited over for the meal!! Dad too, I suppose!