Saturday, February 27, 2010

Avoiding the shutout.

2.1.breakfast time (7)
4.2.yalku lagoon (76)
7.1.last day with everyone (23)

Miss Us?

All things considered… I was afraid we were gonna get shutout.  A month with no postings.  I know that there are a few less days in February, but that would be a pretty lame excuse.  Truth is we’ve been busy with a few projects that have consumed a bunch of our time and we managed to finish up one of those this month… you’ll have to wait till March to hear about the other.

As for this month, we headed South.  Real South.  We packed up the boys, both sets of grandparents and my brother and his family for a vacation in Playa del Carmen, on the Mayan Riviera.  Posting about our friends
aboard IO, I was jealous of their warm waters on the Baja Peninsula.   Lacking a boat we opted for an all-inclusive with an ample supply of cerveza.

I have to admit, that travelling with so many people, from both sides of our families caused a bit of trepidation for me, but all for not.  It seemed like a perfect vacation and everyone had a ton of fun.  Perhaps the one problem with so many people was that after a week I felt like I didn’t have enough time to hang with everyone!

Round II?  Any takers?

The trip had all the desired ingredients; food, beverage, sun, sand and water.  In fact, several of us had a bit too much of each.  I found my belt didn’t fit quite right coming back, water wasn’t my beverage of choice, both Dora and I had a bit too much sun (I won of course) and Evan ate a bit too much sand.  We all enjoyed the water and even fit in some snorkelling.

I plan on posting some more when I get a chance, a nice short slideshow or something.  I’ll also post our our top 5 activities and top 5 suggestions from our trip.

Until then, Hasta Luego!

0 comments: