Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Broken Group - Day 3

After an evening of socializing with the neighbors, enjoying their hospitality and wine, we awoke to news of a whale in coaster channel. We skipped breakfast and headed out for an early morning paddle. We were rewarded with a school of fish, herded towards us like cattle, while they fipped at the surface of the water. As I watched the whale surface and dive, I was startled when is spy hopped behind me and about 30ft from Willy. Man that boy was as excited as a school girl who just saw justin beiber!
We came back for breakfast and headed back out for the afternoon. We headed for the outermost islands, the ones exposed to the swells from the pacific. It was a bit rough and we listened to our inner voices, or our wives and avoided the worst crossings.
Heading back, the sea fog rolled in, a relief for my arms that at this point looked like neopolitan ice-cream. It was a great day out and I'm lucky to have friends that drag my butt out to do this stuff.
Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

0 comments: