Sunday, September 18, 2011

Summer Trip - Mainland to Home

Following the reverse summer posting, I thought I would post some stuff about our return trip.

The wedding (posting to come) was great and we packed up shortly after the festivities, making our way home.  The original plan was to take the most direct line back, the #5 and then the TransCanada.  It's been ages since we've been to the enchanted forest, in fact Dora and I haven't been there together so we couldn't wait to take the boys.  Everyone was excited!

 While much of the displays brought back memories, several displays were fixed up and different from what I remember.  They boys were out of control!  At one point it felt pointless to reign in the chaos that had ensued.  They could run into doors faster than I could contort my body.  It felt like a strange form of torture as I twisted my body through a tiny opening only to have Winnie the Poo staring at me with a smile.



It was pretty fun with only a few injuries.  I think Evan got the worst of it, a swinging door in the face.  We found an interesting campsite only a few km away, Noah's Ark Resort.  A campsite with an actual boat on-site.  Very unique.

Now our trip home took a sudden detour when we got a hold of Ham Solo.  He was around so we headed south to Cranbrook.  We hadn't seen our friends their in years and since they were around we felt it would be great to visit.  We had some time to kill so we also decided to hit Fort Steele.  I don't remember ever going and Dora has been bugging me for years to go.
 It was a great visit, too short but enough to make us want to return sooner rather than later.  Logan made a new friend and everyone had a blast!  We also found some excellent Japanese food too.

Fort Steele turned out to be more fun than I expected, plus they were dog friendly, a bonus for us!  Imagine bringing a dog into an environment with sheep, goats, horses and such.  I must say she behaved herself exceptionally.








The real reason for our visit to Fort Steele was to get one of those old fashion style pictures.  Dora had one with her family when she was younger and she always wanted to get one with our family.  Turns out the wait was worth it and we managed a few good shots!


1 comments:

I love the Fort Steele shots so much! They're amazing! And you got Denali in there too - so fantastic!