Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday Mom.

Mom's birthday is April 1st.  Now you know that woman enjoyed a good April fools day joke.  For those that don't know it, Steven retold it at Mom's funeral, one of her better jokes.  She was at work at the Raymond Care Centre and was dressed up in the infectious disease gear.  When people came into the building, she proceed to inform them that they were now in quarantine and then proceeded to decontaminate them.... by sprinkling baby powder all over them.  Good one eh?

It's been almost a month and I feel like I've tried to focus on work, which hasn't always been successful.  I am trying to make the adjustments one needs, but it's full of conflicting emotions.  At first I didn't want to think about it, but now..... I want to think about Mom.  I need to remember her.

I have this digital photo frame thing  in our kitchen and it's great because the pictures that flash by remind me of experiences and events on a daily basis when I get up in the morning.  I've realized that I need to change those pictures now.  I've got other memories that I want to be reminded of on a daily basis.  I love you Mom, I miss you Mom and I remember you Mom.

0 comments: