Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Calgary Comic Con (videos fixed)

Comic Conference or Comic Expo.  Whatever you call it, you get the same thing.  Costumes and Comics!  In this case, we also get Trekies.  This expo had the meeting of the Cast of Star Trek:  The Next Generation.

It was a special event for Dora and you can see that here.

After a few hours standing in line (plus pre-purchasing the photo op.) Dora was rewarded with a picture with Ser Patrick Stewart.  Pretty cool!
I spent the time checking out the displays and entertainment that was abound.  You can see some of the action below.





I liked the flux capacitor personally.  It was something from my past, seeing the Delorean.  It seemed like such a cool car in my youth.

It was quite the experience, my first comic con.  It was busier than I thought it would be, in fact, they ended up turning some people away.  We sat in on one Q&A session with the cheerleader from Heroes, Hayden Leslie Panettiere.


The evening was the TNG exposed, a sit down with the full cast from Star Trek.  This was my favorite, an hour and a half where the cast talked about their time on the show.
This last clip has a funny line, perhaps my favorite from that evening.

0 comments: