Thursday, August 23, 2007

August - Full on Fun!

Well I had to get in at least one post for August. I figure the best place to start is the August long weekend. We took the "boy" camping, our first outing since Chris and Anne's wedding. We were a bit more remote, in Kananaskis Park, but we still had a few comforts from home; the high chair and dog.
Actually, we also had my brothers trailer. It was one of those comforts that we got use to on our last trip. It did however look a bit different by the end of our trip this time around.
I can honestly say that I don't think it was anything we did... No REALLY!! Regardless, your looking at the beginning of a $600 tow and a $600+ repair. There goes the drinking fund! My brother was gracious to say he didn't want any money, but we kicked in a few bucks to ease the pain.

Speaking of brothers, we managed to get out climbing on the weekend. My other brother came along with his family for a bit of climbing. Check out what a cute family they make, you can't even tell how dysfunctional they are!
Awe, who am I kidding, we're all a bit messed up. Neat, orderly, between the lines... what fun is that?!
We managed to squeeze in a few special climbing moments on the trip. Hailey did her first climb outdoors and didn't cry that much. Dora did a lead climb and didn't cry that much either. It was the first time in ... actually I don't even know when the last time Dora did a lead climb. Guess you'd need to ask her.
Dora was climb pretty good for the first time out on rock in maybe two years? Pregnant last year, so at least a few years. But from the pictures, you can't even tell and a picture tells it all!
To finish off the day we hiked back out. Bro and Hailey took the scenic route back, through the creek. Then of course Hailey fell in the water, the wife got upset, and bro was truly up the creek!

Well, to finish off, I'll have the kids sign off with the parting shots.

0 comments: