Sunday, January 02, 2011

Paris: Day 5

With an early, early start, we were at the airport and through security before 9AM.  The funny thing was that as we were arriving at the airport, it was just arriving at 2011 in Alberta and it is now Happy New Years to all the LOMAH expats in BC!  Happy New Years my friends!
Things were pretty foggy both mentally and weather wise in the morning as we left the hotel and arrived at the airport.  The airport in Paris was a bit odd in it's organization and design as we traveled down a few tubes to get to our departure gate.  Things went well through security and after a short delay we were off.  Next stop Frankfurt!
Frankfurt went well too with a quick pass through security again to our connecting terminal.  Dora and I made a quick dash to find some food and were quickly impressed by the McDonalds, or should I say McCafe!  I've never seen such healthy food at a McDonalds!

The non-stop flight across the Pacific was long, over 10hr, with us arriving at 4pm MST.  By the time we got home, we figured it ended up being a 21hr day.  Yikes!  Oddly enough we're functioning pretty good today.
I'd love to post more pictures from day 5, but really, this was it.  Instead I thought I would post a few pictures that didn't make the cut earlier, but interesting pictures none the less.
This looks like it's right out of Ratatouille!

For those that read/saw one of those Dan Brown books.

Napoleons chair

The worlds largest container of Nutella

The BOA office in Paris, for Terry!

1 comments:

As for the Nutella, you know I'd buy it, and LOVE it too!! ;)