Saturday, February 26, 2011

Big Decision... Done Deal

Dora and I were in the middle of making a rather important decision  and it involved a move.  We decided to move to Raymond, back to the town of my childhood.  While we can list several reason why we shouldn't move and why we should move, the fact is we needed to make a move.  We've been in the same house for 7 years and in Lethbridge for who knows how long.  It felt like it was time for a change.  With Logan getting close to school age, we wanted him to go to school in a smaller community and Raymond seemed to fit the bill.


With the shorter drive to work, larger and cheaper lots, family and a good school, we made the choice.  Sadly, no choice was perfect, but is it ever?


We made the decision to move to the new development of Stonegate Meadows.


The lot's are large for the money invested, getting us 0.5 acres for $52,000.  In comparison, I thought I would show you what our existing lot looks like compared to our new lot.  Our lot and house are in the blue.




We definitely have more space!  Think fruit tree, garden, zip line, obstacle course, bike jump, etc.


We're now at the stage where we're looking at house designs.  Because of the large lot, we're thinking more of a bungalow style house.  If you've got input... we're listening.  I think I'll post my top 3 later.... when I decide what they are!  I found over 500 potential plans on this one site, ultimateplans.com.


Wish us luck!

0 comments: