Sunday, May 29, 2011

So this outta be safe

As mentioned in the last post, we needed to sell our house.  This meant painting and cleaning.  The cleaning was apparently a lot easier than the painting.  This whole painting idea involves me pulling off risky 5.10a moves in precarious positions.



Luckily, I had the right protective gear at home.  It's nice to know I can put my climbing equipment to good use!

We spent bits of spare time over two weeks and gave the majority of the house a fresh coat of paint.  The house looked amazing!  Too bad we don't get to enjoy it for long!  We have an offer on the house and we should find out tomorrow if it closes!  Wish us luck!

This does of course mean we need a new place to stay if it closes.  Our new house hasn't even been started, so I guess we're hooped.  Or are we?  I'll elaborate on our plan next.

2 comments:

We found these weird things called "ladders" - it worked very well for our entry way.

I think you can get them in stores now...

I think Mark used the same gear (aka a pillow) for "protection" on the 9 pitch climb "Raptor" in k-country.