Thursday, March 08, 2012

Collette Iwaasa 1950 - 2012

I am posting today the passing of my Mom.  I've come to decide that this is as much my diary as it is my blog.

I'd also like to thank everyone who has called, sent emails or messages.  My family and I appreciate all the kind works, condolences and support.



At some point in your life you realize that this day might come.  In our case, with the progression of the cancer we had some time to prepare.  For that I'm thankful.  It gave me the opportunity to tell my mom how much she meant to me and how blessed I was to have her in my life.  Not everyone is so lucky.

I don't need to tell everyone how wonderful or special she was.  We all have these people in our life and know that they can never be replaced.  I miss you mom...


I've included some information below for those coming to the service.  First are two maps that show the location of the different services during the funeral.



There will be a meal to follow at the Raymond Cultural Hall.  The Regent Restaurant will be catering and my Dad would appreciate it if family and friends would attend.  He has ordered food for 250 people, so don't feel like your imposing, we would love an opportunity to talk with you and see how everyone is doing.

Again, thank you for all the love and support.

2 comments:

So sorry to hear about your mom Mark. Thinking about you and your family lots.

Merc.

Mark, I just got an e-mail from your Dad telling about your Mom's passing. Glen and I went to ACA together. I have been corresponding with them for years. My husband Emmett and I stopped in to see them a couple of summers ago. I set Collette a get-well card two days ago... I am sorry. We are sad for your lose. From Susan Hoelscher of Parksville, Vancouver Island BC