Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Back from the Vinyl Cafe

Well, Dora and I were lucky enough to get tickets to see Stuart McLean as he came through Lethbridge. We started off the evening with a nice dinner at Coco Pazzo where I got a pizza, as usual and Dora the wonderful plate of gnocchi. After the meal we rushed to the Yates and our seats. Stewart was great as usual, with his stories of Dave. For those were not familiar with Stuart McLean, he is a radio host at CBC of the Vinyl Café. His stories are always enjoyable and you can subscribe to them via Podcasts, which I recommend if you can't enjoy him on the radio. Although the stories are great, it was nice to watch live music again. in particular, I enjoyed the musical acts of Dala and Danny Michel. Both acts were fabulous offering different elements in the show. I'd hum you a tune, but that's not my forte. so instead I'll post their videos.

This is one of the songs that they played that got my attention right away. Let's see if it does the same for you..


Danny, we had heard before on CBC while Dora was preggo and we were driving across BC. His music caught Dora's attention, so we,'' be cheering for him at the Junos this year.


On a side note, Danny Michel is coming back to Lethbridge on March 27, at The Slice. Dora and I hope we can sneak out on Logan again for a night out, so here's hoping...

0 comments: