Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Vancouver One

So day one found me in Calgary at Jeff's place. He was nice enough to drive me to the airport at 7:30AM on a Saturday (read: good brother). My good buddy then picked me up, complete with new haircut and took me out for coffee (yum). We hit the Running Room sale with a friend of hers, bought some shoes and made our way back to her place. We dropped off my things and met up with Steven and Doug for a little hike.

Doug took us down some crazy biking trail. Thought the brothers might like to see what mtn bikers get up to out here. Fun to walk down (or up) but I don't think too fun to bike...for me anyway. Doug seemed to think it looked like good fun.

Yup, I finally met Doug. It's been a while as he has been out here as long as I have been in the "group". He is as nice as his photos and even let me sit in his vehicle and pretend to drive. Steven thought that I should be able to really drive it, but I didn't want to push my luck, we'd only just met! It was new to Doug, though not brand new. It looked pretty damn new though. Clean inside and out. Steven was trying to show Doug how to highlight it's assets. It's all in the arch...

We then stopped in Deep Cove for a honey doughnut which turns out to be the size of an apple, except that it is dense fried dough soaked in honey. Holy crapoly batman...it was tasty!!

0 comments: