Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Vancouver Two

The end of day one was pretty late. We were up late playing Settlers of Catan. It was way more fun than I thought it would be. A game of trading, building, luck and laughter. I did not win, but I came close!
So day two found the ladies heading out to Golden Ears Park for a little hiking and camping. We set up tarp city and the tent, bought some wood and set out for a hike. After only one wrong turn and about 40 minutes we found ourselves at the falls. It was wet!

The water was not falling any great distance, but the spray was getting everywhere! We made friends with the locals, took a photo and made our way back to camp for dinner.
(Sorry about the photo on it's side, I don't know how to change that right now...I'll get to it later)
It was a nice change to have a campfire, though smelly. Someone had even been so thoughtful as to stock the stump for us so the beer was cold upon our return from the hike. Yummm, so nice and cold...

It was especially nice to sleep in a tent in my awesome sleeping bag. It was pretty cold outside and even rained a bit. But I was toasty warm and dry inside my Tern. I have missed camping. We'll have to get out again soon my boys...

0 comments: