Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mexico Update 2

I’ve got a slide show under production of our trip, but it’s still a few days out.  Adding pictures from the in-laws.  In the mean time, I thought I would post my top 3 for what was great about our trip.

1. Yalku Lagoon – This was a snorkelling lagoon that was full of fish and easy on the wallet.  This lagoon offered amazing views of fish at a price of about 10 bucks.  While not free, the other options hit closer to 100.  I’ve never seen so many fish, nor have I enjoyed swimming as much.  I’ve wasted more money walking into Walmart than I did this day.

2.  Sandos Riviera – Our resort wasn’t spectacular, was too large and the food as average.  So why was it in my top 3?  For one, because it was so big, we had a restaurant near our room that was away from the main area.  As a result, it was always easy to get seated.  Honestly, with two kids, we didn’t want to wait in line.  A definite plus.  While the food was average, let’s be honest.  No cooking, no cleaning, no waiting for food to arrive.  I’ll take average over long waits.  Also, we didn’t use the a la carte as much as we could have.  Our one experience was a Brazilian BBQ, which was awesome.  I suspect that the better food was here.  Lastly, even though the resort wasn’t spectacular, it was the last resort on the strip.  That meant you would walk in one direction and hit empty beach.  I didn’t explore as much as I would have liked, but it truly was a luxury of the location.

3. Family – I love my family on both sides…. who could ask for better company when travelling.  My only complaint was that I didn’t get to spend enough time with everyone.  Guess we need to try it again eh?

8.2 our last day (29) 5.1 back to the beach (43)

0 comments: