Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Reading Club

This past year, I got myself a kobo ereader just before summer.  Then I thought I would start with a classic.  Moby Dick.  Painful!  So painful.  I'm sure there are many out there who thought it was fantastic, but for me it just about ended my reading agenda.
As luck would have it, our school instituted a 30min reading block each day.  It rescued my reading, giving me time to finish the book and a complete series, the Hunger Games.  That made 4 books this year!  I'm almost done Game of Thrones and also read a book you might have heard of.  Veracity.
If your unsure, it's Veracity by Mark Lavorato, a compelling story of a world post world wide disaster.  I should have read it sooner, but I only had a digital version and when I sat at my laptop.... well , I found other things to do.  With an ereader, your sort of limited on what you can do.

It was a great read and I highly recommend it.  I found towards the end that my heart was actually racing as I was concerned for the main character, something that I don't recall happening very often.  You can get yourself a copy of the book here.  It's a legit site and Lavorato has a link to a free copy on his website.

I also came across an interview with him about a new book that he is has published.

It's good to see him doing well and I'd love to chat with him too.  I need to see about getting a kobo version of his new book!

0 comments: