Friday, January 13, 2012

Where's the Snow?

So last weekend, we decided to head to Waterton to play in the snow.  With nothing on the ground, we thought it would be fun to play in the white stuff and get some snowshoeing in too.
We packed up the boys and our niece and headed West.  The mountains looked like a fall day with what appeared like a dusting of snow on the peaks and upper slopes.  The townsite was mostly bare with snow hiding in the shady parts of the town.   A short drive later and we were at the Cameron trailhead. There was so little snow here, we felt we needed to head further in.  We finally decided on Rowe.






Funny how with kids, what normally takes 15 minutes, now takes 30 minutes.  As it turned out, we hiked for about a half hour and stopped to play.  I thought I would dig a snow fort, but after hitting dirt in less than 2 feet, I figured a change in plan was needed.  40 minutes later we had a cool tunnel that the kids could crawl through!  Time for a picture!  Oh wait, how come my pockets unzipped?



As you might be able to guess from the fact that I have pictures to post, I found the camera.  Much like a needle in a haystack, I found our camera in the snow.  No worse for wear, I even took a few more pictures.

It was a pretty awesome day with some fun sledding, building and snowball fighting.  We packed up and headed home with some tired kids and some tired parents.


0 comments: