Monday, February 06, 2012

Judo Family Night

It was that time of the year where everyone shows their skills off to the parents.  It was apparently no different for my boys.  We've been heading to Judo as of late and both boys have been improving and developing their skills.  Logan in fact started doing seoi nage without me showing him how.  It's amazing how they start to pick it up on their own after a bit.




I was suprized to find out that they were being promoted to "two red strips".  I'm not sure if that has any real meaning, but the boys were sure excited!  







It was also very exciting, to see something special happen.  My mother was awarded her Black Belt from Judo Alberta for 28 years of service.  After all that time helping and supporting the Raymond Judo club, it made my heart full to see how happy she was to receive it.  I don't think there was a dry eye among us.





1 comments:

Hey Mark, please congratulate your mother for me! It's good to see you spending this kind of quality time with your kids. Do you coach as well? When I was in Canada I began work on my coaching certification, but it stalled out when I came to Korea. Next time I am in Canada I must come to the RJC!

Best wishes,

Mike Fisher