Monday, November 20, 2006

Big, big day!!

Sorry no photos available at this time. Logan is down for a nap - finally, and I'm not risking the stress of a half loaded blog. Maybe I can add them later...

Anyway, back to the news...yesterday was a big day! It started pretty badly for me with numerous late night/early morning feedings and I was rather a bitchy zombie by 6:30. Thankfully my knight in fat pants and fleece rescued me from my little terror (though he's pretty darn cute) and let me sleep. Then Wonderboy came back after 3 hrs with dad for some chow. Now, normally a good feed lasts from 7-15 minutes a side depending on the mood of the consumer. The little monkey ate for 30 minutes (one side) which was awesome, because it unplugged what was stuck and I was pain free. Good news #1.

Marko took wonderboy for a change and a burp and I got to eat breakfast sitting down! Good news #2. Then I showered and thought I'd tempt fate by trying on a pair of pre-fat pants. Oh my good god, they "fit". Now it wasn't pretty, the skin hangs over a bit, but I could do them up! It's so depressing to have to wear maternity clothes when you are not pregnant. All of a sudden I could take on the world! Good news #3

I needed to take advantage of all that positive energy. The wind was down and the sun was shining so Wonderboy and I went for a walk with Auntie Dawn. He lasted for over an hour in the snugglie and I got a good walk filled with adult conversation. Good news #4

The last one piece of good news is the one that I am most excited about and a little sad about at the same time. We capped off the day with the Grey Cup at my folks. In the 3rd quarter, Logan woke up hungry and instead of me feeding him, Marko did. Yup, we tried Logan on a bottle and he took it no problem. Good news #5. Now I am so proud of him and so glad that he can take a bottle because now I am not tied to him with a 2-4 hour leash. But the sad thing is, that I'm not as tied to him. Other people can feed him - as long as I supply the milk. It's a weird feeling. But the bottle is going to come in very handy later this week when friends are in town and it's ladies night out.

2 comments:

Yay! A great day! I like the sound of this ladies' night out...check your e-mail.

You will like knowing he will take a bottle. Going out for a period longer than 2 hours will be sooo realxing! And it will be fun for Mark.
I am glad to hear everything is going well.