Tuesday, November 28, 2006

W.O.W.

Well this is a wow of a different sort, "Words Of Wisdom". When was the last time you backed up your computer? More specifically, when did you back up your photos last?

We all have our little treasures. Moments in time, events that changed us, things we want to forget but love to be reminded of. Often these treasures are captured on film or nowadays, captured on bytes of information.

As you might have guess from my intro, I had "computer problems". After recovering from a cold sweat, a pounding heart and a onslaught of profanity, I realized that I had lost the last 2 months of pictures, or basically since Logan had been born!
Gasp! What have I done to offend the Gods! Curse digital! Curse computers! Curse any small rodent that crossed my path! I was ready to drown in my misery of self defeat.

Luckily I was married! How often do you hear people refer to their marriage as a way out of their misery of self defeat? And I'm not just saying that because dora reads this, although I'm always in need of extra brownie points!

As it turned out, Dora had given a copy of Logan's pictures to her dad, so in the end all was saved! Imagine losing such classics as;

Babies Version 2.0 - classic child with new upgrade version


or

Manzier - Man trying to be a Woman

As you can see these classics will hopefully live forever on the hard drives of others. Or perhaps these few photos on the Internet will live forever too?
Regardless, my challenge to you is to find your classics, put them on a CD or DVD and give them to a friend or family member. In case of emergency, be it computer failure, flood, hail, fire or some strange disaster that involved whipping cream and chopsticks (again little treasures we want to forget but love to be reminded of) all will not be lost!

1 comments:

Mark, use this to back things up: http://mozy.com/

Cheap and awesome.