Saturday, November 11, 2006

Hell-o-ween Pt.2

Well, as mentioned in the previous post, we've been pretty busy this last week. With it being Halloween and me having to deal with a fussy baby AND get dora a present, I was having a bit of trouble.

As it turns out, I had been pretty swift as to start the birthday hunt early in August. I actually commisioned a pottery piece from the velvet antler pottery in Field, BC. They were producing some ceramic coffee cups in a beautiful red, which apparently is a hard colour to do. We had a quick little talk and I asked if they could make a rectangular plate it the same colour. The owner Ryan said that larger stuff was hard to do, because of the drying time and that it would take 2 to 3 months. Lucky me, I didn't need it right away. However, now that it's done, how do we go to look that them and pick one out?!?!
So now we'll have to wait till we're more mobile to pick it up. Oh well, it's the thought that counts right?

As for the actual day, we headed out to the grandfolks place to visit and avoid the ghosts and goblins that would ring the bell at our house. OF COURSE there was a costume for Logan there! I guess we can call him Santa's little Helper! It's a bit big, but we can try again at christmas.


To finish things off, I had a conference in Kananaskis the next week. Rather than leave Dora at home, we decided to try life on the road. Logan's first trip! Pretty cush though, no tent, no stove, just a hotel room and room service. Things actually went pretty well, although I'm not sure the people on either side of us would agree! Other than the fact that the weather was kind of bunk, it was a good 3 days. The weather cleared as we headed home, so we stopped for a quick feed at Barrier Lake and enjoyed the mountains. It was a bit windy and Logan was fussy, so we didn't go outside for a family picture.














But hey, ya gotta start somewhere!

2 comments:

You guys are rockstars, trashing hotel rooms and bothering other guests with noise distrubance before he's a month old! Awesome!

Such a little cutie Santa you have there. Can't wait to see him, and the world weary parents, of course!

Hmm, that costume looks oddly familiar...

I can't believe that thing fit me last Christmas.