Sunday, March 25, 2007

20th Annual Moonlight Run

So I thought it would be a good idea to enter the moonlight run this year. You know, lose weight, be active, have fun. Since I'm running the 8k in Victoria, it would be good inspiration...Mom, Eric and I all ran. Of course Eric finished much faster than the ladies with a time of 33 minutes, I'm still really proud of our 46 minutes. Mom and I stuck together and decided to run to the top of the hill from the starting line. Once at the hill we just kept running and running. We did so great! We walked for a bit at the water station and again heading back up the hill. I have to say that I was the slow one at the end. Mom was a running machine and kept me going up that hill. We had such a good time I'm heading into Runner's Soul tomorrow to register us for the Ladies Fest in June. It's an 8k...I'm very excited!! and sore.

Here are a few photos that Mark and Logan took. Two at the start and two at the end. Look for my yellow and blue jacket and green pants. It's blurry, but again, we were FAST and it was dark. Thanks to our cheering section Dad, Mark and Logan. And if you sent happy thoughts for good weather it paid off - thanks to you too!

1 comments:

Way to go! That's a decent time for the distance without the hills in the course, so you should feel really, really good about it! How was the after party?
Oh yeah, note to self: instruct picture takers at future races to take blurry photos indicating high speed. Wicked.