Friday, February 29, 2008

Eulogy for Kane

Well today we said goodbye to a good friend, my brothers dog Kane. He lived not as a pet, but as a member of our family. It's hard to watch someone you love get old and sick as with Kane and reality can be a hard mistress. My brother was left with a difficult decision, but in the end it not a question of choice, but what was more humane. I'll always remember him as a happy-go-lucky guy who loved to run and play, especially in the water. I never really let it get to me until now... I guess it's because his nature was like a teenager not an old man. I saw him as I wanted to.

We will miss you good buddy!

1 comments:

Thanks Mark. You said it well -- not just a pet, but more like our "first" child and definately man's best friend. As long as we have been together, he was the one constant in our life of changes. We miss him now and always.