Thursday, January 28, 2010

The iPad

At first I was excited and then I started thinking.... what am I getting excited about? Call me a cynic, but I don't think it's any more revolutionary than the iPod touch. There are lot's of sites like this that predict it's failure, or the likelihood that it won't reach it's initial potential. I have to agree. It won't fit in my pocket... even my jacket pocket.


Maybe I have too high of expectations for Apple, but I was kind of hoping for something like the mock-ups of Microsofts tablet, the courier. While it doesn't really exist... I still wanted one. What if Apple could have built something like that with dual 6 or 7" screens? I might have been able to get that in a pocket?

As for this, I think I could buy both a netbook and an ipod touch for the price. A much better idea in my opinion. At least this might provide some of you an opportunity to by Apple stock.

2 comments:

I think the courier vs. ipad will sort of depend on how ready the market is for a reader or a much better organizer/smartphone. I think the dual page feel is a definite plus. I was rather dissapointed about the look of a jumbo iphone. I suspect the web functionality will really control everything. I think tablets are challenged by trying to be to computer like.

I guess I too might have been expecting too much from apple. Might have to wait for the second generation too see the real innovation.