Monday, June 21, 2010

BEST FATHERS DAY EVER!!

From 2009_05 Picnic Day
I'm sure your asking yourself what can be deserving of "ALL CAPS" in a title.  The best fathers day ever of course!  One wouldn't suspect that cleaning stinky neoprene would be involved in such a day, but it did.  The day opened with a relaxing morning, latte and good conversation.  This was followed with some yardwork.  Best Ever?  Confused?  It's coming.
On Saturday I managed to get out kayaking (I'll post that later today) and needed to clean the gear.  There is something therapeutic about cleaning gear for me.  It originated back when I did a lot of climbing and needed to sort/clean gear after the climb.  It was a kind of debriefing that seemed to be the icing on whatever climb I had finished.  Same holds true for kayaking.  I got to save the icing for Fathers day.  The rest of the day was filled with puttering around the garage, laying in a hammock and using my brad nailer.  I think it was the excellent weather and no-stress activities that made it such a wonderful day.... oh that too, my Fathers day present.
Dora is forever complaining about how she never suprizes me or how I'm difficult to shop for.  For this one, all I have to say is "Well played my friend... well played".  I received my gift, light to the touch and began to speculate a gift card... the easy way out.  As I opened the box I saw a shirt... (nice start), socks (red one?  I have some already) and an assortment of papers, one that said Fenway park.   FENWAY PARK!  You may recall from an earlier posting, I went on a rant about life in general, with a short discussion about wanted to someday see a real Major League Baseball game.  Well, this August 25th, I'll be sitting in the stands, staring at the green monster in the outfield with two of my best friends, my two brothers.  Turns out, they got the same Fathers day gift too!

This was the best Fathers Day Ever.

1 comments:

Whoa! Major, Major score for Dora! Happy Father's Day Marko!