Friday, December 24, 2010

My Manordinary Day

Like Dora, I recently had some time to myself.  While in Whitefish with the family earlier in November, I acquired a new pair of used skis.

From 2010.12.Xmas tree
The skis were a decent upgrade from my previous pair and the bindings were super sweet!  Hammerhead binding, an expensive pair of telemark bindings with some nice features, like a flexible pivot point and step in cables.  I was pretty excited to get them out and as luck would have it, Clay had his annual boys trip.  I refer to it as annual, but considering it's been dry for the past 2 years, once in 3 years isn't really an annual trip!  Regardless, we were off for some skiing!  We ended up with 5 man-child's in total for a weekend of stellar snow!
From 2010.12.Boys Ski Trip
It was nice to visit with Earl again (in red) having not seen him since the last annual boys trip 3 years ago!  A good work friend also came along who knew Clay from way back in Jr. high!  With the 5 of us ready for a new season of snow, we were welcomed with a big dump of fresh POW and the opening of Hell Roaring Basin for the first time this year.  I opted for the snowboard for the start of the day to take advantage of the snow and some actual skill.  I then spent the last 2 hr. of the day on my telemark skis.  It took about that long just to get comfortable on the skis again.  After the 2 days of skiing, I can say my legs were dead and my appetite was back.  Hopefully I can get Dora out the next time!  Here are a few more snow shots!
From 2010.12.Boys Ski Trip
From 2010.12.Boys Ski Trip
From 2010.12.Boys Ski Trip
From 2010.12.Boys Ski Trip

0 comments: