Friday, December 31, 2010

Paris: Day 3

With Dora and I adjusted a bit more to the time change and a night of real sleep we were ready.  Dora had a good sleep and did I, but I found myself up by 5 AM, unable to get back asleep.  With our stuff packed up we headed downstairs for the bus and were off.  With the first part of the tour being a bus trip around Paris, we found Dora unexpectedly ill due to the sudden start stop motion of city driving.   If Calgary driving is bad, then Paris is truly a step up!
By the time we had got to Versailles, Dora was pretty sick.  We walked around for a bit to get some fresh air into her, but it wasn't enough.  Dora decided to have a short break while I went through the palace  It was pretty spectacular, but to be honest, the opulence and wow factor starts to become a bit overwhelming.  Plus the gardens were not in bloom, which I suspect makes the trip of Versailles.  I guess that will have to wait till next time.




We headed back to Paris with Dora feeling much better.  Some free time in Paris had us walking the streets and eating supper in the Latin Quarter.  The meal was delicious and was finished in time for our boat trip and tour up the Eiffel tower.  The evening again seemed to be the highlight of our day with Dora and I running down the Eiffel tower, looking at the sights as we went.  What a day.... I guess we have one more to go!




1 comments:

Fantastic!! A trip to Paris sans les enfants! Enjoy :)
JT