Sunday, March 06, 2011

Two feet meet two planks

During teachers convention, we took the family down to Whitefish for some skiing.  The Hironaka's were gracious enough to accommodate us and let us stay with them at the cabin.  With some great snow and a lot of enthusiasm,we headed to the hill.  One slight problem... we didn't book ahead for child care and it's presidents day weekend.  Not smart.


We get to the hill and realize that our skiing will be limited for obvious reasons.  Not a problem really as we had decided to introduce Logan to skiing this weekend.  The son #1 all decked out in ski gear we hit the magic carpet and off to our first intro lesson, french fries and pizza.  Oddly enough the kid could master french fries, but decided that pizza was boring!  Luckily, I was pretty fast on my feet.
Later that morning, I took the boys back to the cabin for some quiet time and a nap while Dora stayed behind to work on her Tele skiing.  Considering my lesson to her was 20 seconds of talking while I packed up the boys, she did amazing.  Luckily, my cousin knows more than me and helped her out later that week.

In the end we did 3 days of skiing, well 2 for me and I managed my first Black run on telemark skis down Ptarmigan bowl.  Again, my cousin was helpful in correcting my poor form and I ended up having a great run at the end of our 3rd day!  I will post a video of Logan skiing after I fix the shaky video or at least attempt to fix it.  I'll end with this picture, but honestly.... he was having a great time!

0 comments: