Thursday, July 16, 2009

A new link to friends

An adventurous couple of friends have embarked on a journey. With boat and strong spirits they plan to see where the open water will take them. The link is here and I have added it to our sidebar.

Here's an excerpt from one of the more recent postings

"Picture this: two men, covered from head to toe in full rubber rain gear on an unstable deck that is often awash with 12-degree sea water and covered in fish slime, blood, machinery, and thousands of fishhooks. There was a few times that I thought to myself, 'This is insane'. The first day the fishhooks were pre-baited with rotting fish heads and octopus bits. What smell! Like I said, I blew chunks, but only once the first day - enough times to empty the bran flakes. It was the combination of that rotting fish juice, the diesel engine stink, and the big choppy sea."

Cheers

0 comments: