Friday, November 27, 2009

The value of backing up...

As you can guess from my posting, I forgot to backup. Yup.. gone. Luckly, I do back things up and I keep my school files on a portable drive as well as my laptop. It's just my pictures that I don't backup as regularly as I should. One thing that saved my skin was Picasa.
Recently they decreased the cost for online storage to 5bucks for 20Gb, so I decided to spend the coin. Personally, I don't think the cost is outrageous and it provides a second level of backup, being off-site. I was lucky that I could download most of my missing pictures.

I love my pictures and would hate to lose them in some catastrophic accident like the raining of fire and brimstone on Lethbridge... or a tragic deep frying incident.

So, word to you mom. Backup.

0 comments: