Monday, April 12, 2010

Easter Break Pt. 1

As a teacher, I have the luxury of a week off over Easter.  This year was no exception and my head was filled with plans upon plans.  Oddly, things did not turn out as expected.

As you can tell from my earlier postings, I started my week in Victoria with the plans of a "boys weekend" and was welcomed to the city by a new baby girl.  It was quite the experience to see a man become a dad and this was the first time I witnessed it someone else for the first time.  I don't think I've ever seen Mike so overwhelmed with emotions.  Congrats again bud! 
To top it week off, I had a great time being catered to by Jody and his family, watching a practiced family deal with the chaos called life.  That family takes everything in stride and make the rest of us look like amateurs.  Love you guys and see you this summer!  To enhance my Victoria experience, the other Mike took me out kayaking for a morning to truly appreciate the benefits of the Island life.  It was a bit unnerving when the wind picked up and I think I almost got sea sick.  Luckly, no breakfast was lost.  The last day included a rugby game with a visiting Scottish team and Jeff's school.  Having never watched a live rugby game, it was truly interesting to see everyone in action.  I still find it hard to believe that they use no pads or cup for that matter!
After watching for a bit, Mike picked me up for some quick shopping and then I met up with my Brother's family who were on holiday in Victoria.  Funny how I need to travel to another city to spend time with my family!

Well that was the first half of my week, part 2 to follow.

0 comments: