Saturday, August 07, 2010

Day 16

Considering the fact that this is the longest we've been away from home in 5 years, I'm amazed Dora is still talking to me. 2 kids, 1 dog, a typical male and a truck packed to the nuts with nothing in the same spot as when we left should have put her in the crazy house awhile ago! I think we might have a chance at this camping with kids thing!
After getting the OK on the truck this morning we started the long road home. Dora went for a run this morning with Meg, while Shane introduced Logan to the PS3. Logan had mastered the basics of little big world by the time Dora was back from running. With some quick goodbyes we were off with one stop left. My uncle David was on the way so we stopped in for lunch. It was an amazing meal of somen noodle, maki and fried chicken. I think Logan ate as much chicken as me! The only disappointment was the fact that my cousin couldn't make it. I can't even remember the last time I've seen him.
We hit the road after lunch to start the "long haul". With the rain coming down, we were expecting to hotel for the night rather than camp. We stopped at Skinny's Grill in Hope, BC for supper. A quaint local restaurant that has live music every night. Maybe next time we can stay and enjoy it. We jumped back in the truck and hit the road. 2hr later... Kamloops! The only problem was that Evan lost it about a 1/2hr before we got there. With Evan crying I was 0 for 2 at the Holiday Inn and Super 8. Next on the road, the Alpine Motel. They had room so we were done for the night. A floor for Evan to crawl on, Treehouse for Logan and two beds, enough for everyone. Ahhhhh...
Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

0 comments: