Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Victoria - The Finale

With the work done on my part, I got out for an afternoon with the boys. Merc., Wilson and myself headed up to Telegraph Cove for some kayaking. While I'm not a bad kayaker, sea kayaking is just different enough to throw me off my game. The paddle out went fine, but with the wind picking up and whitecaps in sight, things got more interesting. To top it off, I misunderstood the hand signals and headed into the worst of it. Wilson said it was the most fun he's had in awhile! Lucky me. We finished the day with Pizza at Wisons and the Merciers joined us followed by some boy time in what's become known as "the drinking trailer"
Our last day had us heading out to Goldstream Park for some fresh air and running around the giant cedars of the coast. We packed up, had lunch with the wilsons and relaxed while Evan slept. The last few hours saw us shopping at Capital Iron and eating at McDonalds with the merciers. We said our goodbyes and sailed through traffic to the airport. Sadly, navigating the airport with 2 kids wasn't as easy. Things are just too narrow, kids too squirmy and not enough hands. 11pm and we're in the truck heading home. Work will make for a relaxing day tomorrow!
Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

1 comments:

A few two many pints, a good paddle, a great meat fest and a Micky-D's goodbye. It was great seeing y'all. Y'all come back soon now. Ya here.