Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Birthday to me...

So I am one year older. It's good. I like it. A bit of a different day though. Both of my young boys picked up a bug this week and so my day started a little earlier than usual (5:00am) with the sound of a young boy getting up to pee in the wee hours of the morning. Unfortunately, he fell asleep in the car ride home from Grandmas last night and still had underwear under his PJ's. So I would imagine in his feverish half asleep state he was quite surprised to find that extra layer of clothing. There was pee all over the bathroom and him, but none in his bed. We had a small celebration before finding some clean clothes and trying to go back to sleep.

We were all up by 7:30, my dreams of sleeping in dashed by the needs of our 2 sickos. Marco was a trooper though and dealt with the poo-bomb diaper. Gross. I washed jammies, sheets, stuffed animals while all three boys snuggled on the couch and watched Diego. Once a safe level of consciousness had been achieved, we made our way upstairs for some breakfast. Marco treated me to a birthday coffee - yum. I opened presents from my boys and then we made birthday cards. We did some Sunday baking together and this time the cookies were light, flaky and DELICIOUS. Thanks Kristen!

Mom and Dad took me out for a quiet lunch (mmm, bellini's) and then mom and I hit the mall. I must say, I do not understand the appeal of "trick or treating" at the mall. Really? Your kids barely have room to breathe never mind walk. Rarely is heard a "trick or treat" or thank you. I see the appeal for small kids/babies. But then I have to ask - who is the candy for? Because if you are giving that sack full of candy to your baby, we got bigger problems than I thought. SO needless to say, it filled up and we got out of there.

Then, we stayed home. Kids were too sick to be interested in going out so we all stayed home to hand out candy. First time we've done that in this house. I liked it. It was fun to see the young faces from our neighborhood all dressed up and how creative some people can still be. We even saw a Wilma Flintstone, on a young girl no less. My favorite was a girl with a black eye and "P"'s all over her - Black eyed Peas! Nice. No costume pics of this crew, couldn't convince anyone that it would be a good idea. We'll have to try again later this week. All my boys look so cute, but my favorite is the guy from engineering.

Thanks to all that went out of their way to help make my birthday more than just another day. Your efforts are appreciated. It's nice to be spoiled!

1 comments:

Wow your husband must be an amazing guy! You're so lucky!!