Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Victoria - Race & Thanksgiving

With a 6:30 wake up I was feeling rested an refreshed! We packed up after a quick breakfast and head out to Dallas road to catch the action. Dora and the girls were on route, us standing at the 17km mark. While I thought Wilson had sent me a text, it turnrd out to be Shane, so we hung out together to watch. While we missed Jenn and her dad, we did catch everyone else. Dora, Dawn, Jaime and Meg were basically together, showing up in a 3min window. With a quick way and some encouragement we raced to the finish line to met up. For running 21km, I never expected to see so many smiling faces! Dora's official time was 2:08, her best pace ever!
It was great to see all the girls so excited about their results and I was impressed with how they ran further than I was willing to drive that day. Everyone cleaned up and headed out for a well deserving meal. Funny thing was we were eating before the mother of all meals, the Nishima Thanksgiving! The meal was amazing as usual with a kaleidoscope of meats and all the side dishes you could dream of. My only complaint is how my stomach failed me again. So much food, so little space!
Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

1 comments:

Yay, Dora. You're a champ!