Saturday, May 08, 2010

Calling all nutbars!

So, I thought after a winter of not running much that I should start. I have been getting out irregularly over the last couple of weeks. A few solo runs, a few with Denali (that girl can STILL run - hope I can say that at 84), and a few with family - I thought hey I'm getting good at this again. I know lets destroy ANY self-esteem that I might have in terms of my ability to exercise and enter a race. Not just any race, no may nos way, a 12 k. Not so bad you say and you'd be right, with a bit of training it would be great. A wonderful opportunity for a "comeback". But here's where the problem lies...THE RACE IS NEXT SATURDAY!! Crap, 7 days is not a lot of time to train. And you know what I did last night to help prepare for this 12 k slog? I went out for drinks with the girls and was too hungover/sleep deprived to run this morning. So tonight I will run in the cold (and probably wet) and will have to ignore my aches and chills. Because next Saturday is going to be legendary; I am going to get my ass kicked in the mountains and set a PR for a 12 k AND your positive energy is going to power me through to the finish. Oh yes, I will finish. I'm way too stubborn not to finish.

1 comments:

Yay yay yay! Super exciting! Just remember when you're running that it will be over soon enough and you can rest guilt-free after it, basking in the glow of completing a big race. Have fun!