Friday, May 21, 2010

Does May-Long Weekend Suck?

This question seems to plague me every year, so with the Internet and spreadsheet in hand I finally decided to tackle it.


It's amazing what you can compile with a little spare time on your hands.  Looking back over the last 10 years in Waterton, I wondered what the weather was really like.  Does it always suck?  Am I imagining things?

Turns out the average high over the past 10 years is 16.26 degrees, with an average low of 4.44 degrees.  Is that really that bad?  I guess I shouldn't be complaining, 16 isn't that cold.  Guess I'm focusing on the bad years.

Speaking of bad years, this weekend doesn't look like it will be on the high side of the averages.  I don't think any of the days this long weekend will be above the averages.  Yikes!  Guess it's better to think of the better ones.  Here are a few pics from May-longs of past.
From May long Weekends
From May long Weekends
From May long Weekends
From May long Weekends
From May long Weekends
From May long Weekends
From May long Weekends
From May long Weekends
From May long Weekends
From May long Weekends
From May long Weekends
From May long Weekends
From May long Weekends
From May long Weekends
From May long Weekends
From May long Weekends
From May long Weekends

0 comments: