Monday, April 18, 2011

Happy April Whatever!


As the celestial stars would have it, Dora and I had the luck of the Irish this month! While were making arrangements to join my cousin and his family down in Whitefish, I found out that they were heading back early. At the same time Dora was talking to her mother, who wanted to watch the boys for the weekend. DOUBLE SCORE!! (She volunteered or was coerced, not sure which really, but appreciated it the same!)

Turns out our weekend with the two families was now becoming a weekend escape for two!  With a quick thank you and mad packing, we were on the road and headed South.  Our first stop, Latitude 48 a restaurant that looked too nice for kids.  A place we wouldn't normally visit.  Beverages were cheap and the food was superb, with an appetizer of calamari and a butter lettuce salad with beets.  Dora had a roast chicken while I had the steak fritzes.  What a great start to our weekend!

 The key activity was skiing of course and the snow and weather were stellar!  I can't remember the last time I've seen so much sun on that hill!  We spent a good deal of time soaking up more than just the sun.  I had a great day out, finally, stepping it up in my Telemark ability.  My cousin had pointed out a problem with my position over my skis and I was able to correct it, speeding up my turn transitions!  I looked awesome!  Well until I crashed so hard my ski ripped off and I was left watching it turn into a projectile of terror, passing the elderly and small children as it passed the speed of sound!  Luckily the trail forked and the ski ended up in a tree.  No lawsuits!

The rest of the weekend was much of the same, with our palettes taking the lead.  It was so nice to spend some quality time with just Dora, with the triple threat including good weather and fun activities.





The Nachos were true to the American style... excessive, fattening and tasty!  Oh, I forgot, this was the half order!  We promptly devoured the plate and headed back up for a few more runs.  Man we were hard core that day!

While our escape did have to come to an end, we did manage to capture some of the excitement on the hill.  This included a pond skiing event.... in costume.  While there was no nudity, some costumes had limited thermal protection.  Enjoy.

0 comments: